Friday 24 June 2011

How did I get into Gundam?


Despite there are a whole bunch of animes coming out from Japan and the only anime that really catch my attention was Mobile Suit Gundam. At the same time I want to thank a friend who had leaded me into the world of Gundam. Here is my story which is pretty simple. 

Back to 1998, during that time I had no internet, no vcd and no computer, so the only entertainment at the mean time was watching tv and video tapes. One day, my friend had given me a video tape that had Kido Butoden G Gundam written on it (hopefully I pronounce it correctly), but at that time I literally knew nothing about Gundam except the fact that they were giant robots similar to those super robots like Mazinger Z and had a V fin on their forehead.  After I had watched the first two episodes, I think it was great.

I’m quite embarrassed to say that Gundam means a lot to me as it had accompanied me ever since I was at the age of 10. I started to listen to Gundam’s opening and ending themes which later on my father knew I like it so much and he purposely bought me a collection of Gundam soundtrack. From the soundtrack I realized that G Gundam was just one of the Gundam series and there are huge bunch of other Gundam universe that I wanted to find out more about which lead me to watch most of the Gundam series. 

That wraps out for how I get into Gundam, so why don’t you leave a comment down below and stay tuned for lots more articles about Gundam. Enjoy the first opening theme from G Gundam and thank you very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment